WMILG is committed to educating and the developing relationships among companies and organizations having state and federal affirmative action obligations, and are devoted to the understanding and improvement of equal employment opportunity and diversity in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
WMILG will liaison with the OFCCP and the EEOC to enhance the implementation of both the spirit and intent of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, through the following activities:
- Providing a linkage to the above-named federal agencies through various communication vehicles;
- Periodically meeting with representatives from said agencies to share ideas and foster a collaborative working relationship between these federal enforcement agencies and the federal contractor community;
- Providing comments, feedback and suggestions to the aforementioned federal agencies regarding the impact on the contractor community of proposed regulations and agency guidelines;
- Serving as an outlet for distributing information regarding federal regulatory changes and proposals; and,
- Providing networking and presentation opportunities for sharing information regarding best practices.
The WMILG is incorporated as a tax exempt 501(c)(6) organization in the District of Columbia.